Monday, February 23, 2015

Review: Forgotten Treasures by D. Hart

My rating: ★★★
Genre: NA, romance
Series: stand-alone

Blurb from Goodreads:
In the aftermath of destruction, hearts were destroyed, strengths were stripped, and vulnerabilities were exposed. 

A community was ripped apart after a tragic accident, and the loss hit one family particularly hard as it claimed the lives of three, leaving only one surviving member to pick up the pieces and move forward.

Baylor’s life was wiped clean in the blink of an eye. No family, no home, no name. That is, until she met Brandt. He took a chance, giving her hope and a reason to start over. A reason to rebuild a life full of forgotten memories. A reason to trust. A reason to love. 

Finding love in all the right places should be easy, but when truths are revealed, it's anything but. Brandt will help her rediscover the true meaning of unconditional eternal love that will prove painful, life altering, and redeeming.

Together, they will try to face the future and will use each other’s strengths to learn how to live again. Can they rewrite history, or in the end, will the tragedies of their pasts be too much?

My review:

While at times it's hard to remember, it's more painful to forget. 

*ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for honest review* 

Dani Hard has succeeded. Again. I don't think I've ever read books like hers. They're tough and the characters have the world betting against them, but at the same time, they're sweet and wonderful and make you happy like nothing else. 

In the beginning of this book we're introduced to our main character, Freckles. She's been in an accident and has lost her memories - and not just memories of the accident, memories of her entire life. Along with her memories, her name, age, personality and previous feelings are gone. Devastating? Oh, yes, indeed. 

There's a lot of things a book can do. It can make you cry, laugh, smile, sob, feel anger, hatred, happiness, sadness and so much more. But D. Hart's books? They have all of that and just so much more. There's not one single second while reading her books that you're not feeling something.


There. Look. A shooting star. Make a wish.

D. Hart has a particular way of writing books. She begins with a trauma and follows with how they got there and where they're going from there. I guess some people will think that it sounds like any other book. Oh, boy, how wrong you are if you truly believe that. Look it up on Goodreads. There's one person who's rated it 4 stars but her review is positive. Beat that, prejudiced bastards.

I related to a lot of her characters, once again. I could see one of my best friends in Freckles younger sister and the resemblance between them was almost terrifyingly alike. Books that you can relate to on a personal level they have some importance, don't they? 

While I was finishing this I was in a public place so crying because of a book? People would've classified me as mentally crazy. I sobbed inwardly instead. For so long. The end broke me and I'm still not sure I'm okay. Tissues? Anyone?

I believe that I loved her other book, A Firefighter's Flame a bit more than this. This ending was better than A Firefighter's Flame though - 'cause that ending? Don't even think about mentioning that to me. 
But I could relate a bit more to A Firefighter's Flame. And don't get me wrong here! Both of these books are a big part of my favorites and nothing will ever change that but one has to be honest with themselves, and not say things only because those things are preferred?

If you're in for a dark but still very happy read then, READ READ READ READ READ (shouty capitals, yes) this. Ironically enough, it's released today. 

5 brilliant, brilliant stars. 

People with hope fought.
People with purpose fought. 
I surrendered. 


Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment