Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Aboslute Beginners by S. J. Hooks

My rating: ★★★
Genre: Romance, Erotica
Series: Absolute Beginners (Absolute series #1)

Blurb from Goodreads:
Professor Stephen Worthington's life makes perfect sense. 

He teaches classes on Tuesdays and Fridays. He has dinners with his parents on the weekend. He goes to the gym with his comically crass stepbrother, Matt, a few days each week. And every night, he heads home at a reasonable hour, alone.

There’s only one thorn in Stephen’s perfectly organized side: Ms. Julia Wilde. Never has Stephen dealt with a more unruly student. She’s rude, provocative, infuriating—and she dresses in a way that is completely unbecoming for a lady. Stephen can’t wait for the semester to be over, and then he’ll never have to see her again.

That is, until Stephen finds himself out of the classroom and in Julia's apartment. Suddenly, the student/teacher roles are reversed, and the professor receives a much-needed lesson between the sheets. Stephen thought his life made sense, but after his tryst with Julia, he finds himself changed in more ways than one. Maybe he’s coming down with something.

Or maybe, something a little out of the ordinary is exactly what this stuffy professor needs to really live.


My review: 


I had never met a woman who was so open about her sexuality. 


*eARC received from NetGalley* 

Awesome book. Just gah, no words.

The characters were incredibly well developed and intriguing. From the first scene I fell in love with Julia. She was radiant and, excuse my language, did not give a fuck what people thought about her. Already in the first scene we get to see how she speaks up for herself and express her feelings. They are discuss the book, correct me if I'm wrong, Lolita, and some girl in class makes a comment about child-abuse and Julia quickly speaks up with an answer that I believe wasn't to piss anyone off, but simply because that was what she was feeling. God, I love her. Don't argue with me about this, I am not changing my mind. 
I have a shelf on Goodreads named feminism-as-fuck which includes books with female or male characters that has something to say about feminism or women related etc. 
I added this book to that shelf just because of the way Julia spoke up for herself and was clear about her opinions. Feminism points, Hooks!
A lot of extra points for her.

Oh, Stephen. Stephen, Stephen, Stephen. I don't think I've ever read of a character more sweet than Stephen. I get that he wasn't born a true romantic and frankly, I'm happy about that. All the times he asked her if she was okay, when he told her she was beautiful or when he just simply wanted to be there for her it broke my heart. I mean, what other character would do all of those things based on them not knowing what else to do? He obviously did tell her she was beautiful because he meant it but still. All the small, sweet things he did for her got him snuggled up to me - big time. 

I guess I could sit here all day and list up all the things I love about this but I don't think everybody would be that comfortable with me doing that. 

It's about 270 pages and a very easy read (if you're into romance, that is). So when it's released, please make sure to pick up your copy and read this so we can discuss!

The sequel is released sometime in June, I may be wrong, I'm not sure but what I know for sure is that I'll start reading as soon as I get my hands on it. 

You can pre-order the ebook HERE


Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
NetGalley: Sofia Rytters (reviewer) 
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment