Thursday, January 22, 2015

Legend by Marie Lu

My rating: ★★★+0,5
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian
Series: Legend (Legend #1)


Blurb from Goodreads: 
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.


My review:

Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.

In general, I thought this books was really good. I believe I expected more from this with all the hype it's been getting, but the only reason I pulled through was because of Day and that my friend says that the story buildes with the books. I did like it, I just didn't love it, which is sad because I really wanted to. 

And you wonder that if I thought this was good why did it only get four stars? I had some troubles with one of the main character; June which I did not get over. I'm currently read Prodigy and I could not dislike her more. I don't know what's up with it but I just really can not agree with her on ANYTHING! Day (the other main character) on the other hand I loved. I don't know why I loved him, I just did. I really don't need to explain myself further. 
So if you like a dystopian story - a bit similar to Divergent and The Hunger Games - I really think you should read this book. It really deserves all the hype everybody gives it, but it does not get all of my hype.

ON TO THE SPOILERY PART SO IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK, GO READ IT AND THEN YOU CAN COME BACK AND WE'LL DISCUSS IT

Okay, let's get down for realsies. I got so, so mad at June when she betrayed Day and Tess. You should've seen me. It was one of those WHAT THE F ARE YOU DOING YOU UNGRATEFUL LIL SHIT moments. That's how I felt about it. I think that's the moment I started disliking June. 

At first, nothing made sense. Everything exploded in my face which made it hard to continue reading. When you've read around seventy pages everything start to make sense, thank god. 
Explaining my love-hatred toward this book is not something I want to get into. 

But, just know, that I liked this book enough to actually start the sequel! 


The memory fades, and I'm left hanging on to the ghosts of his words.


Contact me:

Twitter: @sofiiarytters_
Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Mail: crystalshit@outlook.com
NetGalley: Sofia Rytters (reviewer) 

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment